Please note that as of February 1, 2018, you won't be able to start new drafts to raise funds on Generosity. To start a fundraiser, please visit our partner, YouCaring. If you have an existing draft, you must launch it before February 28, 2018 and it will close automatically on May 10, 2018.
We encourage you to run a fundraiser on behalf of a loved one or for a person in need. Keep in mind the following best practices when creating a fundraiser on behalf of someone else:
- Get consent of the person for whom you are raising funds prior to posting the fundraiser. Make sure they understand that the fundraiser page will remain live indefinitely, even after the fundraiser deadline has passed.
- Add the person to your fundraiser's page as a recipient and use their photo as your main image.
- Set the payment options so the funds go directly to the recipient by entering the recipient’s bank account information to receive the funds.
- Be as open and transparent as possible: Make sure to clearly outline your relationship to the fundraiser's recipient in your fundraiser's story.
- Make sure to leverage the social network of the person. It’s important to encourage support among family, friends, and acquaintances to maximize the outcome.