The story is the heart of your fundraiser. You are asking people to support and engage in a personal life event or with a nonprofit. Present your cause in a way that makes it something others would want to support. Providing as much information as possible about your story and your cause also fosters trust and transparency among the potential donors to your fundraiser.
Here are the top tips for sharing your story:
- Tell a compelling story and keep it short.
- Explain exactly why you are raising money.
- Make it meaningful and be authentic.
- Ask someone else to proofread your pitch text.
For the story’s text, here are the four main sections we recommend:
- Introduction: Put the most important information first so donors have all the information they need to donate right away. Answer the who, what, why and how of the project or life event.
- The Story: Present the problem that you are addressing with the fundraiser and propose a solution. Give us the facts and share your plan.
- Personal Connection: Share a personal story to emphasize the impact of your project.
- Share Gratitude: Ask your donors to share the campaign and thank them for helping out!
Extra Tip: You can also add images to create a visual story and headers to make the page easier to read.